Any business that is in the transportation industry should get a commercial auto insurance policy. This particular policy provides protection for buses, vans, cars, trucks, and even golf carts. If you are getting a commercial auto insurance from a reputable insurance agency in Rochester, Minnesota, then know that the policy will basically cover the same thing as a personal auto insurance policy but with additional coverage options.
There are major reasons why small to medium-sized business should consider getting a commercial auto insurance coverage. Go to a nearby independent insurance agency to get a policy and enjoy the following protection components:
- Replacement car coverage
- Loading and unloading liability
- Injury to you, the employed drivers, and the passengers (inclusive of lost wages and medical expenses)
Additional Coverage Options
With the additional coverage options offered under commercial auto insurance, you are able to provide better coverage for you and your employees who are using your company’s vehicles. Some of the options that are worth considering include:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist
- PIP with Medical Insurance
- Personal Effects Insurance
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
When You Need It
Business owners can determine whether or not they should get the said policy through these factors:
- Ownership. If the vehicle is owned by the business, then it should be covered by commercial auto insurance.
- Usage. Get commercial auto insurance if you use the vehicle to transport goods, merchandise, tools, or passengers.
- Vehicle type. Commercial auto insurance is a better policy to get if you have commercial vehicles.